JLL is pleased to offer for sale The University of Kansas Health System Great Bend Medical Center (the “Property” or “KU Great Bend”). The Property is a 33-licensed bed, 63,978 rentable square foot, acute care hospital under a long-term, investment grade, absolute net lease to University of Kansas Hospital Authority (S&P / Fitch: AA- rating). The Property is located at 514 Cleveland Street in Great Bend, Kansas conveniently off U.S. Route 56, providing exceptional access off the primary east-west thoroughfare. Great Bend Hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and the only acute care medical center serving Barton County. The Property features significant healthcare infrastructure including three operating rooms, medical imaging including an MRI, an emergency department, an intensive care unit, a labor and delivery unit, a laboratory, and a pharmacy.
The University of Kansas Health System (“UKHS”) has a dominant market share of 54 percent as the only academic medical center in the state with a leading share of several high end services. The offering is a rare opportunity to acquire a medical center backed by a credit tenant with 12 years of remaining lease term.
Exceptional, long-term healthcare investment
- 100% leased by University of Kansas Hospital Authority (S&P/Fitch: AA-rating)
- Investment grade absolute net lease with 12 years of remaining lease term
- No landlord obligations under the absolute net lease
- Fee simple ownership, available unencumbered by debt
Desirable KUHA tenancy
- Dominant market share in a large primary service area, strong and growing patient volume activity given its unique high-end specialty service offering
- Exceptional financial performance of UKHS reflected by its AA- stable rating by S&P/Fitch
- Only academic medical center in Kansas and a major provider of many high end and unique services to a large geographic area
Critical Services and Infrastructure
- 2 operating rooms, 1 procedure room, medical imaging including MRI, laboratory, Level IV Trauma Center